2014 Storage Visions Conference Announces Storage Visions Award Winners
San Jose, CA—January 5, 2014—The Thirteenth Annual Storage Visions Conference (partner program to the 2014 International CES) awards were presented during the reception at the end of the first day of the show at the Riviera Hotel Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The awards recognized companies advancing the state of the art in storage technologies utilized in consumer electronics, the media and entertainment industries, visionary products for the digital content value chain and digital storage media and entertainment end users.
- The awards included the Eighth Storage Visions Art of Storage award, recognizing a product for its best-in-class aesthetics, ease of use and industrial design. The winner of the 2014 Art of Storage award was the G-Technology Evolution Series External Storage Product Family.
Visionary Products Category:
- The Home Consumer Storage award was won by the Samsung 840 EVO SSD.
- The award for Mobile Consumer Storage award went to SanDisk for their Connect Wireless Media Drive.
- The Home Entertainment award goes to the Nuvola NP-1 media player and streaming media service from NanoTech Entertainment.
- LC Technology International, Inc. received the The Enabling Consumer Storage Technology award for its Solid State Doctor and SSD Utility Suite.
- The Enabling Professional Storage Technology award was won by SanDisk and Diablo Technology for the ULLtraDIMM.
- The award for Professional Media and Entertainment Class Storage went to SDNsquare for its Media Data Center WARP Cluster Platform.
- Oracle StorageTek won the award for Professional Media and Entertainment Class Archive Storage for its T10000D Tape Drive.
- Dell won the award for Professional Media and Entertainment Systems for their Compellent Storage System.
Visionary Company Awards:
- Samsung was given the Professional Storage Company award for the introduction of 3D Vertical NAND Flash Technology.
- The award for Media and Entertainment Storage Company went to Spectra Logic for the introduction of the Object Based Deep Simple
- Storage Service (DS3).
- DriveSavers Data Recovery was awarded the Services and Support Company for outstanding data recovery services for all storage devices.
Visionary End User Awards:
- Fox Networks Group won the Content Storage Application award for its Implementation of a Collaborative Cloud Based System for Fox Sports 1.
- The award for High Performance Storage Application goes to High Moon Studios for creating a 100,000 IOPS storage system in its SAN fabric using a Violin Maestro Memory Appliance
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists of the 2014 Storage Visions Awards and thanks to all the companies that submitted a record number of great award submissions, as well as the award judges. The choice of winners of the various awards was difficult due to the number and excellent quality of the submissions.
Storage Visions 2014 — the premier event focusing on digital storage and the entertainment content value chain is taking place at the Riviera Hotel Convention Center January 5 & 6, 2014. Complete details on the 2014 conference are available on the conference website, www.storagevisions.com or call 408-978-8184.