Before sending any shipment to G-Technology, you MUST secure a Return Material Authorization (RMA) approval. Any shipment received without an RMA will be returned to you at your cost.
G-Technology must receive your product within 30 days of RMA issue, or your RMA will be cancelled.
G-Technology products must be returned with secure and sufficient packaging to protect the products from possible damage during transit. Your warranty will be voided if product(s) is received as a result of inadequate packaging.
Product Inspection Checklist
Inspect your product thoroughly as all warranty claims will be voided if product is received with the following:
- Foreign material on the product (e.g., adhesive, oil, dirt, gum)
- Damaged, modified, opened or dented product
- Damaged during transport as a result of improper packaging
- Missing parts (e.g., screws, interface cards, etc.)
- Evidence of tampering (e.g. broken seals, labels removed or torn),
except work performed by data recovery service
- Covered breather holes
If not possible, use HGST-approved protective packaging or any packaging that provides equivalent protection to ship your hard disk drive(s). Consult our acceptable packaging and unacceptable packaging guides.
For G-Technology Products
Please send back with your RMA:
- External Drive Assembly
- Power adapter
- All interface cables that came with your product (USB, FireWire, Mini-SAS. Thunderbolt cable if included in product)
Packaging for G-Technology products
Please use the original packaging when possible in returning your product. Use the following approved packaging guidelines as applicable:
- Use 2 inch thick foam cushioning to secure the product on all sides during the shipment. When shipping more than one product, ensure that the products do not touch and are cushioned individually.
- DO NOT use foam peanuts, cloth, paper or newspaper or padded envelopes.
- Use a corrugated cardboard box for the exterior packaging.
- Use of a traceable carrier (e.g.,UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS) that can provide proof of delivery is strongly recommended.
- When returning a G-Technology Module, enclose each module in an anti-static electrostatic discharge (ESD) bag.
The use of non-approved packaging will void your warranty
Address Labels and Multiple Boxes
The address label from your RMA email notification can be cut and taped to the outside of each box to be used as a mailing label. Otherwise, clearly write all shipping information and the RMA number on your package when returning.
Please write your RMA number on three sides of your package when returning your product to HGST.
Multiple RMAs may be shipped in one shipment, provided that each RMA is individually packaged and marked with the box along with all RMA numbers listed on the outside of the box(es). Ensure that the products DO NOT touch and are cushioned individually.
How to Order Packaging for your G-Technology product
Western Industries Corporation, supplies- North American Region offers packaging for G-Technology products.
All information is provided by G-Technology by HGST on an "AS IS" basis only. G-Technoloy makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, regarding the information, including the warranty of non-infringement and non-interference and the implied warranty or terms of merchantability, and fitness or use for a particular purpose.
All packaging vendors mentioned here are independent of G-Technology by HGST. Any references to third parties are provided as reference only and are not recommendations of any products by G-Technology by HGST. G-Technology by HGST makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these companies or products.
About Your Replacement Product
You will receive a replacement unit with the balance of the warranty period or 90 days, whichever is greater. All data on your returned drive(s) will be erased, if possible, or the unit will be destroyed. Please seek data recover if desired, before requesting a RMA from G-Technology by HGST.