G-Technology Ships the Industry's Highest-capacity, Two-drive, RAID 0, Thunderbolt Storage Solution — Designed for the Most Demanding Audio/Video Applications, the 8TB G-RAID™ with Thunderbolt™ Drive Features the Most Powerful
National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB 2012), Booth SL11105, Las Vegas, April 16, 2012 Known for delivering premium external storage solutions engineered to meet the needs of the content creation and Apple® Mac® community, G-Technology today announced the formation of the G-Team, a talented group of professional producers, cinematographers and photographers who are pushing creativity beyond the limits. Through tradeshows, online tutorials, seminars and more, the G-Technology-sponsored G-Team will be sharing stories, how-tos, and tips and tricks behind their profession, their creative process, and their workflows, giving insight and inspiration to current and future generations of digital artists.
In addition to being recognized as leaders within their professions, the G-Team ambassadors all utilize G-Technology storage in their workflow. Whether capturing images on DSLR cameras, RED cameras or other video rigs, these professionals have selected G-Technology drives as their digital storage of choice. The highly acclaimed G-Team ambassadors include:
- Alex Buono has served as the director of photography for NBC's "Saturday Night Live" show for 12 years, and has shot, written and produced several award-winning films throughout his career. He currently owns a production company called Third Person.Twitter: @AlexBuono
- Jeremy Cowart is a professional celebrity photographer and a respected artistic voice in the industry. Having photographed many musicians, entertainers and celebrities, Jeremy is the founder of Help- Portrait, a worldwide movement of photographers giving free portraits to those less fortunate. Twitter:@JeremyCowart, Facebook:JeremyCowartPhotography
- Lucas Gilman is one of the leading adventure sports and travel photographers in the industry. His powerful incisive images and films have been featured in top publications, broadcast stations and advertisements worldwide. Twitter: @LucasGilman, Facebook:LucasGilmanPhoto
- Ken Kaminesky is a travel and lifestyle photographer who focuses on capturing the natural beauty of a location. His images, which have graced the cover of National Geographic, highlight the subtleties of historic venues, travel attractions and the overall essence of a scene. Twitter: @KenKaminesky ,Facebook: KenKamineskyPhotography
- Vincent Laforet is a director, producer and photographer who is known for his forward-thinking approach to image-making and storytelling. He has been commissioned by just about every important international publication, and is considered a pioneer for both his innovative tilt-shift and aerial photography using HD-capable DSLR cameras. Twitter:@VincentLaforet, Facebook: VLaforet
G-Team at NAB
Kicking off the G-Team ambassador program, please come visit Vincent Laforet, Alex Buono and Lucas Gilman at the G-Technology NAB booth #SL11105 for a meet n' greet, and to ask questions about their profession, the industry and their workflows.
- April 16 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. & April 17 from 4 to 5 p.m.- Vincent Laforet will talk about HD DSLR shooting and post production on his short film "Mobius".
- April 17 & 18 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. - "Saturday Night Live's" Alex Buono will discuss shooting on the run
- April 18 & 19 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. -Lucas Gilman will "tell all" about adventure and extreme sports shooting
G-Technology and G-Team Quotes:
"G-Technology is proud of its continuing support of the creative community. Their inspiration and creativity is the force behind the success of the G-Technology brand," said Mike Williams, vice president and general manager of HGST Branded Business. "Our new G-Team gives us the opportunity to reach out and highlight unique works within the creative community, and we are excited about highlighting this talent."
"Most unique to the 'Saturday Night Live' workflow is its extremely short timeline. Sometimes we have less than 24 hours between our first shot and our delivery, so having reliable storage is critical. We cannot afford any hiccups, like recovering missing or corrupt data," said Alex Buono, director of photography, SNL Film Unit.
"For me, being a part of the G-Team is a natural fit. I've relied on G-Technology drives for years. They're reliable and fast, and I also like the style."
"I look forward to working with the G-Technology team as I've always admired the brand and the products. It's exciting to be officially partnering," said Celebrity Photographer Jeremy Cowart. "Between my profession and my non-profit, Help-Portrait, we go through tons of storage. G-Technology solutions are the perfect drives to help us manage our growing projects and portfolios, delivering quality, reliability and performance in one package."
"My goal is to help you fall in love with the locations I visit by sharing my vision and passion through unique photography, and I cannot do this without high-quality, massive storage to help keep my content safe," said Ken Kaminesky, world travel and lifestyle photographer. "I am constantly on the road and I need light, fast and durable drives for storage in the field as well as big, fast drives for transferring files at the end of the day. UsingG-Technology drives definitely helps to streamline my workflow."
"I am continually streamlining the shooting process and pushing my equipment to produce visually arresting imagery, and G-Technology drives help me accomplish this," said Lucas Gilman, president of Lucas Gilman Productions. "I recently shot a behind-the-scenes video of the second largest waterfall ever successfully descended in a kayak, and it was amazing -It also appeared on the NBC 'Today Show'.I have been a fan of G-Technology drives for quite some time, and I look forward to sharing my creative workflow process with the broader G-Tech community."
"Throughout my life, I have been truly fortunate to have the opportunity to marry my creative passion, which runs so deeply within my veins, with my love of technology," said Independent Film Director Vincent Laforet. "We use cutting-edge tools, such as the RED Epic, and as a result we're often the first to create or adapt workflows with new camera systems. Because we use such high-def equipment, we shoot an incredible amount of data, so having long-term reliable storage is paramount."
Stay connected with G-Technology
G-Technology drives are engineered specifically to meet the needs of the content creation and Apple Mac communities, including heavy users of multimedia content, Final Cut Pro®digital audio/video specialists and other pre/post production professionals. From rugged portable drives to ultra-fast, multi-drive RAID storage, G-Technology's USB, FireWire, eSATA and SAS storage solutions support virtually all levels of A/V production and can be found in post-production facilities worldwide.
Keep updated with top tips and advice from G-Technology and its G-Team ambassadors by visiting www.g-technology.com, and by connecting through its social network channels:
HGST (formerly known as Hitachi Global Storage Technologies or Hitachi GST), a Western Digital company (NASDAQ: WDC), develops advanced hard disk drives, enterprise-class solid state drives, innovative external storage solutions and services used to store, preserve and manage the world’s most valued data. Founded by the pioneers of hard drives, HGST provides high-value storage for a broad range of market segments, including Enterprise, Desktop, Mobile Computing, Consumer Electronics and Personal Storage. HGST was established in 2003 and maintains its U.S. headquarters in San Jose, California. For more information, please visit the company’s website at http://www.hgst.com
One GB is equal to one billion bytes, and one TB equals 1,000 GB (one trillion bytes). Actual capacity will vary depending on operating environment and formatting.
G-Technology external hard drives serve as an element of an overall backup strategy. It is recommended that users keep two or more copies of their most important files backed up or stored on separate devices or online services.
G-Technology, G-RAID and G-DRIVE are trademarks of HGST, a Western Digital company. Western Digital, WD, and the WD logo are registered trademarks of Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to expected availability dates for HDD products. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements, including changes in markets, demand, uncertainties related to the development, introduction, and timing of products based on new technologies, and other risks and uncertainties listed in Western Digital's recent SEC filings to which your attention is directed. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak on as of the date hereof, and HGST/WD undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.